Salty turkey bacon, creamy cheeses, and just a touch of sweetness from the honey roasted turkey, make this sandwich a well balanced winner indeed. This yummy creation is a blend of the traditional and unexpected. The GOAT has a true brunch vibe, and is perfect for Sabbath.
Two slices of brioche bread
Honey roasted turkey, sliced thin
Cracked pepper turkey, sliced thin
1 fried egg
2 tomato slices
3 – 4 avocado slices
2 slices of turkey bacon, cooked
Red onion, sliced
1 slice of provolone cheese
Cracked black pepper
- Add 1 table spoon of butter to a skillet on medium-high heat and melt.
- Add both slices of bread (if not possible, one at a time) and allow to brown and toast on both sides. Toasting happens quickly so keep an eye on the bread. Once done, remove the toasted bread from the pan.
- Spread mayo on both slices of the bread.
- On one slice also add a layer of goat cheese and smooth into mayo as much as possible. Crumbles will still be present, which is okay.
- Add provolone to the slice of bread with mayo only. This will be your sandwich base, or the bottom of the sandwich.
- Add fried egg, turkey bacon, both types of turkey, tomato, red onion, avocado, and lettuce.
- Before topping the sandwich with the other slice of bread, sprinkle a generous amount of black pepper onto the mayo/goat cheese layer.
- Top sandwich and enjoy!
Be sure to toast your bread and fry your egg before sundown. Leave the egg and toasted bread out on the counter in a Ziplock bag and assemble with the other ingredients on the Sabbath.