Sabbath breakfast will never be the same after you incorporate this fun and delicious handheld breakfast into your rotation! Packed with veggies, creamy cheeses, and smoked salmon, this breakfast pizza will not disappoint. Whip up one for each member of your family before sunset on Friday, and you will start off Sabbath morning on an excellent foot!
Flat pita bread (1 per pizza)
Cream cheese (whipped or regular)
Shredded Colby Jack blend
Beaten egg (1 egg per pizza)
Goat cheese for topping
Crumbled beef bacon for topping
Pickled onions for topping
- Lay pita on flat surface and add an even layer of cream cheese to the top.
- Add pieces of smoked salmon to cover surface. You don’t want to completely cover the cream cheese, but most of it.
- Add spinach and arugula on top of salmon, followed by the tomatoes.
- Add a nice layer of shredded Colby Jack blend over the entire surface to cover veggies and salmon.
- Pour beaten egg over everything. Be sure to do this step on a plate or cutting board and not on the baking sheet you plan to use in the oven. The egg is going to spill over just a bit. You want to be able to catch any egg that spills and pour it over the pizza again to be sure you get a full egg on each pizza.
- Once the previous steps are completed, add pizzas to a baking sheet and put in a 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes. Be certain to keep an eye on the pizza. You want to cook the pizza until it gets a nice crispy brown crust on the bottom.
- Remove pizzas and top with goat cheese, beef bacon, and pickled onion right away if you’re planning to enjoy immediately. If preparing for the Sabbath or to eat another day, only add bacon. Save the cheese and onions for right before you plan to eat.
- Enjoy as is, or drizzle with chili oil for a little kick. Either way you are in for a treat!
Lord willing, I will get the pickled onion recipe up soon. Feel free to enjoy without it, or add raw onion to the pizza before putting it in the oven for that unique burst of oniony flavor!