This simple recipe is a new go to in my lord’s house as a rice replacement. Try in place of your favorite rice dishes for a lighter side option. I added an extra tablespoon of tomato sauce the second time I made this, and loved it so much I updated the recipe as shown below. Enjoy!
Cooking spray or 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
1 – 20 oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice
1/2 yellow or white onion, diced fine
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 – 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 tablespoon Badia Sazon Tropical (orange top)
1 – 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning or Badia Sazon complete
- Heat oil/spray in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until they begin to turn translucent, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic to the onions and mix completely. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and mix completely. Cook until the rice begins to soften, approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and Badia Sazon Tropical and Complete and mix through. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and carrot and mix through. Cut off the stove and place a lid on top to allow peas and carrots to cook through until time to serve.