This simple Spanish rice recipe is the perfect side dish for anything Northern Kingdom. With hints of nutty cumin flavor throughout, this rice is sure to accentuate your meal indeed! I recently served this rice with yummy Vegan Sopas, which are pictured. Enjoy!
2 cups white rice
4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoon “Better than Bullion” roasted chicken base
1/2 – 1 tablespoon Knorr tomato bouillon with chicken flavor
1/2 – 1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 – 1 tablespoon salt
1/2 – 1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 – 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 – 1 tablespoon black pepper
4 cups water
- Wash rice in a strainer in a bowl, with a little white vinegar and water, stirring with a fork for about 2 minutes.
- Heat roughly 5 tablespoons of grapeseed oil over medium-high heat.
- Completely strain and rinse rice and add to the hot oil.
- Evenly spread rice in pan, stirring frequently until slightly browned.
- Add tomato bouillon, onion & garlic powders, cumin, a little salt, and black pepper, and stir some more until a golden brown color.
- Add Better than Bullion chicken base to middle of pan, and stir into the rice until dissolved.
- Add water, cover and simmer on low until water is absorbed