Fresh peaches. Chopped pecans. Caramel. BOOM!! This unleavened bread is moist and full of flavor. Hints of cinnamon and vanilla, and topped with a homemade cinnamon whipped cream, make this bread a delightful treat!
2 cups and 3 tablespoons brown sugar, separated
2 sticks of butter, softened and separated
1/4 cup peach puree
1 cup almond milk
2.5 cup flour
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, separated
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh peaches, sliced 1 cm thick
1/2 cup caramel bits (use butterscotch as alternative)
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together the 1.5 sticks of butter and brown sugar until smooth. This takes some time so be patient. You want the sugar to be completely incorporated, with a cookie batter consistency.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Add 1/4 cup peach puree (blended up canned peaches) to 1 cup of milk.
- Slowly add flour mixture and almond milk mixture, alternating equals portions, until both ingredients are gone.
- Add caramel bits and blend completely.
- Mix 1/2 a stick of butter, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and melt. Add sliced peaches to the mixture and coat.
- Oil a pan (I used a disposable 9 x 16 inch pan), and preheat your oven for 350 degrees.
- Add pecans in a single layer to the bottom of the pan.
- Add peaches in butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of pecans in a single layer.
- Pour batter over peaches.
- Cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check doneness at the hour mark (60 mins) with a toothpick to ensure you don’t bake too long. Gauge if you need to bake another 20 minutes. You may find you only need 10 or so additional minutes. A clean toothpick is going to help you determine doneness.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Top with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!!
Cinnamon Whipped cream Ingredients
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip cream in a mixer on high, slowly adding sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until a nice fluffy mixture results. Once you have a stiff cream, shut off the mixer.