These chickpeas are delicious! Enjoy as a healthy and tasty dinner side option, or add to a salad or wrap for a filling lunch or snack. I use this chickpea recipe to make my Chickaboom wrap, which is a fav of my lord’s and brothers I’ve made it for. I hope you and your family enjoy!
4 – 15 oz cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup of cilantro, chopped
1 – 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1.5 tablespoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
2 tablespoon of Badia Sazon Complete
2 tablespoon of Badia Sazon Tropical
1 teaspoon of minced ginger
2 bay leaves
- Open cans of chickpeas, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a medium stock pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red pepper and saute 4 minutes.
- Add half of cilantro and stir into vegetables. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Badia Sazon Complete, 1 tablespoon of Badia Sazon Tropical, cumin and ginger to the mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rinsed garbanzo beans and stir completely into the vegetable mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth and stir to combine. Add 1 tablespoon of Badia Sazon Complete, 1 tablespoon of Badia Sazon Tropical, remaining cilantro and stir. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and taste. Add a teaspoon of salt if necessary.
- Add bay leaves and cook on low for at least 1 hour and enjoy!
Substitute the chicken broth for water and make this a vegan side dish!