My family loves this chicken salad! I love it too. Not only because of it’s tastiness, but because it is the perfect prep dish for Sabbath. Easy to make ahead of time (before sundown), or even in a pinch the day of (if you have hard boiled egg on hand). This spread can be made into a sandwich, added to a bed of lettuce, or enjoyed with your favorite cracker or dipper. Enjoy!
4 – 12.5 ounce cans of cooked chicken
3 – 4 stalks of celery, diced fine
1/2 red bell pepper, diced fine
1/2 red onion, diced fine
3 boiled eggs, diced
6 ounces of sweet salad cubes (half of a 12 oz jar)
4 tablespoons of mayo
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 tablespoon white vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 – 2 tablespoons of Badia Complete seasoning
- Open cans of chicken and drain. Add chicken to a strainer and rinse.
- Add rinsed and drained chicken to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add all vegetables to the bowl and fold into the chicken.
- Add sweet salad cubes and celery seeds and mix.
- Add mayo and both types of mustard and mix until combined.
- Add vinegar and lemon juice and stir into mixture.
- Add your boiled eggs by gently folding them in so they don’t become too mashed.
- Dust the top with Badia Complete seasoning and stir into mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and serve!