Most people have a hard time peeling eggs, usually taking half the egg with the shell. I wanted to share an easy way to peel these delicious treats, saving the entire egg.
- Boil your eggs for 15 minutes on a rolling boil.
- When done, run cold water over the eggs until the heat is gone from the pot.
- Drain the eggs and add oil (I use olive oil) to the pot and cover.
- Once covered, shake the pot. This helps loosen the shells around the egg.
- Remove the lid and commence to peeling, remembering to catch the membrane with the shell. Usually once you get a piece of the shell, the rest will easily follow with the swipe of a thumb or finger.
I hope this simple tip helps. Especially for those Sabbath days when much of Israel is eating boiled eggs!! I included a video tutorial below as well. Enjoy. Shalom!