This is another gem learned from Sis Zuriel, H.O. Deacon Malachiyah, to improve the taste of our dishes. All praises! This cleaning method removes the slime and all goup from chicken before seasoning or marinating. The result is a cleaner and fresher tasting dish. The process is super simple and entails the following:
- Remove chicken from the package and rinse in cold water.
- Add chicken to a pan or container.
- Add water to cover the chicken about halfway.
- Cover chicken completely with flour.
- Massage flour into chicken, removing slime as you go. The flour will clump to the slime and strip it from the chicken.
- Rinse the chicken clean of all flour and residue.
- Cover bare chicken with water and add ice to keep cold. Add lemons, squeezing all the juice into the water first.
- Allow chicken to sit in lemon water for at least 30 minutes.
- Massage chicken to make sure all residue is removed.
- Rinse completely and prepare as desired.
I’ve included pictures of the process below: