This bowl is so comforting and yummy! My lord’s house recently had this twice in one week it was so good, AP! Filled with delicious beans, crisp peppers, cauliflower rice, greens, and flavorful toppings, this is a perfect meal in a bowl. Try this dish for Sabbath lunch or a week night meal.
Fajita Bowl Ingredients
Protein of choice (or not)
1 Poblano Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper
1 Large yellow or White Onion
Greens mix (equal parts kale, romaine, arugula + scallions chopped as desired)
Sour Cream (for topping)
Avocado (for topping)
Tomato (for topping)
White onions, sliced (for topping)
Lime juice (to season protein)
Cumin (to season protein)
Garlic Powder (to season protein)
Coriander (to season protein)
Paprika (to season protein)
Chili Powder (to season protein)
Oil (to sauté veggies)
- If adding a protein, season the amount you have with lime juice, cumin, chili powder, paprika, coriander, garlic powder. Sear in a hot oiled skillet/pan and cook through. Set aside.
- In the same skillet/pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add all peppers, onions, 1.5 tablespoons of Badia Sazon, and cook at a high heat until tender. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes to make sure they are tender, but still have crunch. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add greens mix to your plating dish.
- Add protein (if using), cauliflower rice, fajita veggies, NK Pinto beans, avocado slices, diced tomato, and sour cream over bed of greens mix.
- Feel free to enjoy as is, or with one of these dressings: Cilantro Chile Lime Vinaigrette, Peruvian Sauce.