This salad is simple and quick, and you can likely whip it up without a run to the market. Balanced by tasty dressings, this is a go-to mid-week meal for a busy family. This is also a nice option for Sabbath lunch, as all ingredients can be prepared ahead of time, and enjoyed chilled or at room temperature. We hope you enjoy!
Romaine (1 bunch per dinner sized portion)
Tomatoes (1/2 roma tomato per serving)
Red Onion, sliced and cut in half
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
Creamy Salsa dressing
Avocado (1/2 per serving)
1 chicken breast, grilled or pan seared
Scallions, chopped fine (1 scallion for every bunch or romaine)
1 Red bell pepper, sliced
1 Green bell pepper, sliced
1 Yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 Red onion, sliced
3-4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
1.5 tablespoons Badia Sazon Complete
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add both bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, 1.5 tablespoons of Badia Sazon, and cook at a high heat until tender. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes to make sure they are tender, but still have crunch. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix romaine and scallions to fully incorporate. Add to the dish you plan to eat from.
- Add uncooked vegetables, fajita veggies, and cheese on top of the romaine blend.
- Prepare creamy salsa dressing by simply mixing equal parts of your favorite ranch dressing and chunky salsa. The salsa should be chunky for the desired effect.
- Top salad with creamy salsa and Cilantro Chile Lime Vinaigrette. Enjoy!