This delightful cake is moist, and both light and rich. The buttery cake is beautifully balanced with a perfectly sweetened lemon glaze, and is the perfect bite to complete a delicious meal. Enjoy!
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of almond milk
Juice from half of a lemon, or the entire lemon if you enjoy a stronger lemon flavor.
- Blend all ingredients completely and drizzle over the top of the finished cake.
2 sticks of butter
2 cups of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 cups of flour
- Combine sugar and butter in a mixer until fully incorporated.
- Add eggs to mixture, one at a time until completely blended.
- Add flour half a cup at a time until gone.
- Add vanilla extract and blend completely.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately an hour. Use the toothpick technique to assess cake’s doneness.
- Allow to cool and top with lemon glaze (see above).